This post discusses why you should have me, your plumber; supply the new toilet when you need to have your old one replaced. The bottom line is that I install what is ultimately in your best interest, in the short-term and long run. This is the best toilet that I know of, not only performance, but also from both an installation and repair cost point of view. This post should save us both time by describing nearly all of the information I have about this toilet in the most efficient manner. There are some minor details about dimensions that very few customers require and for that reason I have not spent the time (read expense) to including this information.
I have installed this toilet for years for the following reasons
- The purchase price is excellent. It is far less expensive than many of the name brands with whom you may be familiar. You have never heard of this brand even though it has been around since the 1930’s.
- You save the time and energy to research, locate, travel, and purchase the toilet.
- If you buy the toilet through me, I provide a one year parts and labor guaranty. I have had to repair a brand new toilet from a major, well respected manufacturer, straight out of the box.
- The parts are commonly available. There are a significant percentage of toilets on the market where it is time consuming to locate replacement parts as the toilet ages. This toilet uses “generic” parts that are readily available at many sources. This will makes it easy (thus less expensive) to repair.
- There are small aspects of the design that makes the most difficult repair, if it is required some day, years from now, extremely easy
- It is the easiest toilet to install. This allows me to provide you with a great toilet at the most economical cost.
- The ability to flush material is as good as or better than any toilet made. It successfully flushes the maximum load to which any toilet is tested.
- Toilet trap way. This is the dirty little secret about toilets (and plumbing fixtures in general). Not all toilets are created equal.
- 2 inch diameter. This is the largest trap way available.
- Glazed. This is the surface of the outside of the toilet. This means it provides more effective and efficient flushing than unglazed porcelain. It is also easier to mechanically clean as it allows the device to proceed through the trap way without getting caught on protrusions. The smooth trap way is less, or unlikely, to grab material as it passes by, causing a clog.
- There are additional important reasons why it is in you, the customer’s, best interest to purchase plumbing products through me, your plumber. They relate to lower job costs, better performance, customer satisfaction, time savings etc. The need for a lengthy discussion to cover this topic effectively means this will be discussed in a separate post.